Dr. Bruce D. Graham, M.D.,F.A.C.S.,F.A.S.C.R.S.
It has been the hallmark of Dr. Graham’s practice to bring the latest technology, knowledge, and skill in colon rectal surgery to the Kansas City area. Dr. Graham was the first to perform many complex surgical procedures in the area. He is extensively involved in laparoscopic intestinal surgery and complex rectal reconstructions. Dr. Graham is committed to personalized, compassionate care and tailors treatment to each individual. Dr. Graham lectures extensively and enjoys teaching residents and medical students.
- DOB: January 31, 1951
- Place of Birth: Washington D.C.
- Marital Status: Wife, Barbara. Occupation: Special Education
- Children: 3
Education and Training
- Southwest High School, Kansas City, Missouri 1969
- BA University of Missouri, Columbia 1973
- MS University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1976
- MD University of Missouri, Columbia 1981
Internship and Residency
- General Surgery: Michigan State University, Blodgett Memorial Hospital/St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan 07/01/1981 – 06/30/1986
- Fellowship Colon and Rectal Surgery: Ferguson Clinic, Grand Rapids, Michigan 07/01/86 to 06/30/87
- Fellowship Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Richmond, Virginia 05/31/05 – 07/01/05
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri State Board of Healing Arts
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support and Cardiac Life Support
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- Society for Laparoscopic Surgery
- Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas
- Director of Rectal Physiology Lab, Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Medical Director of Kansas City Stoma Society
- Board of Directors of Kansas City Crohn’s Colitis Foundation Professional Organizations
Scientific Research Papers Published
- Endometriosis of the Colon and Rectum, Diagnosis and Treatment.
- Diseases of the Colon and Rectum 1988; 31:952-956
- Pheochromocytoma of Spermatic Cord: Case Report and Review of Literature. Contemporary Surgery 1989; 34:20-22
- Histoplasmosis of the Colon in AIDS. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum 1991; 34:185-190
- Pruritus Ani. Chapter 23, 290-295 Surgery of the Colon, Rectum, and Anus, Mazier, Levine, Luchtefeld, Senagore, W.B. Saunders Co.
- Topical 5-Fluorouracil in the Management of Extensive Anal Bowen’s Disease: A Preferred Approach. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum 2005; 48:444-450